In order to make everyone’s stay
at Hickory Oaks Campground
a pleasant and safe one,
we ask all of our guests to respect
the following important rules.
Camping rates are based on up to 4 adults/site or 2 adults and 3 children, 1 tent or camping vehicle/site, and 1 car/site. Adults are individuals 18 years old and older*. Additional rates are noted below if you have extra people, an extra vehicle, and/or extra camping units or tents. All our rates are subject to a 5% tax.
*All Country USA campers must be at least 21 years old. IDs will be checked!
Reservations and deposits
Reservations are accepted with a $30.00 deposit for campsites and $50.00 for a rental unit; this amount will be applied to your camping fees. The deposit can be made by check, cash, or credit card (Visa, MasterCard and Discover).
Payment by check must be received within 10 days of making the reservation, and payment by credit card can be made by phone.
Campsite check-in/check-out time is 1:00 p.m.
Rental unit check-in is at 3:00 p.m., check-out is at 12:00 p.m.
If checking in early, add $5.00 to your first night’s stay.
If you wish to stay an extra night, please register at the office prior to 10:00 a.m. in order to verify availability. Please leave your site as clean as you found it.
The entire deposit is forfeited if you cancel your reservation less than 10 days before check-in time.
A $10.00 handling fee will be charged on all refundable campsite cancellations and a $20.00 handling fee will be charged on all refundable rental cancellation. No refund for cancellation on check-in.
Pump-outs, visitors, extra unit, and extra vehicle are subject to additional charge.
Each pump-out is charged $8.00.
4 adults per site, 2 additional people allowed for an extra $6.00 per night.
Additional vehicles will be charged $2/day; $5/day for special events (each camping unit includes one vehicle). Please note: No vehicles will be allowed at camping sites during Country USA. There will be designated parking areas after unloading vehicles.
- For the safety of everyone staying at Hickory Oaks, the speed limit is 5 mph throughout the entire campground. Please drive carefully and watch out for children.
- Quiet hours are from 10:30 p.m. until 7:00 a.m. Please ask your visitors to depart by 10:30 p.m. All music and televisions should be turned off and voices down to a whisper.
- Visitors spending the night are required to check-in at the office and pay prior to visiting the campsite.
- Using the dump station is free for campers; for non-campers there is a $15.00 fee.
- Rental Units – A $50.00 security deposit is required upon check-in and is non-refundable if the rental unit is left dirty and/or damaged in any way. Two nights minimum is required for a rental unit.
- Pets are an important part of your family and are welcomed at Hickory Oaks, as long as the following is adhered:
- Keep them on a leash at all times.
- Keep them out of the restrooms and the main building.
- Pets cannot be left alone at the campsite.
- Clean up after your pet.
- Excessive barking will not be allowed.
- DO NOT cut or damage any trees – whether fallen, dead, or alive. DO NOT remove any of the wood from the wooded area or the sites in the campground.
- Fire pits are provided at every campsite. Do not move the fire pits or the fire rings. Campfires must be kept small and under control. Campfires are to be out by midnight. Firewood is sold at the office and will be delivered to your site. Please extinguish your campfire prior to leaving your site or retiring for the evening.
- All children under 12 need to be accompanied by a parent or guardian throughout the campground, including the shower areas, throughout trails and when near the lake and swimming areas.
- Please do not use the washroom sinks for bathing or washing dishes.
- Do not use the swimming area as a bathing area or for washing clothes or dishes.
- We ask that you use the dumpsters located near the office to dispose of trash. Do not leave garbage outside at your site. If you need any garbage bags, please feel free to ask. Leave your sites as clean as upon your arrival.
- General campers: park your vehicle on your own campsite. Do not use your neighbor’s site as a shortcut.
- No electric or gas scooters are allowed to be operated on the grounds.
- Golf carts operated by children will not be permitted.
- Due to the location of the plane airstrip as well as Hickory Oaks regulations, NO DRONES will be allowed on the grounds.
- No smoking in the restrooms or the main office.
Per the Wisconsin DNR regarding firewood:
If you are a camper from farther than 50 miles away from the campground, do not bring along firewood. If you are a camper from Wisconsin, consider buying your firewood locally. For further information, visit: http://dnr.wi.gov/topic/invasives/firewood.html.
Please understand – failure to follow any of the rules noted above could result in being asked to leave the campground without a refund.